Hi all, in this post I thought I would list 20 book related things that I want to do in 2020.
So here are my 20 for 2020.
1. Read 12 classics (one a month).
2. Read the four Jane Austen’s that I didn’t read in 2019 i.e. Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Mansfield Park and Pride and Prejudice. This is assuming that I finish Persuasion by the end of the year. Otherwise it will be five! I read Northanger Abbey earlier in the year.
3. Read an Agatha Christie book. This will take me back to my teens! We didn’t have YA in my day. I went straight from Enid Blyton to Agatha Christie.
4. Read something by Trollope – really? I didn’t particularly love Rachel Ray so why am I doing this to myself?
5. Read Pet Sematary by Stephen King. I’m hoping Santa buys me this for Christmas.
6. Read another Stephen King (as if I need a target to do this).
7. Read a YA book.
8. Read a Science Fiction book.
9. Look into Netgalley – I must admit I’m in two minds about this as I’m put off blogs that are just ARC reviews. I’m sure some of the bloggers don’t even read the books. A whole new blog post there. If I do join I will limit myself to how many books I review. There’s enough out there that I want to read without reading books before they are published but I will research it.
10. Read a book about Africa.
11. Read a Biography.
12. Read an Autobiography.
13. Read the new Marion Keyes book due out in 2020. I think it’s called Grown Ups.
14. Read at least 4 non-fiction books.
15. Keep book reviewing books I read on this blog.
16. Do a book tag – I’m not sure I like these but let’s give it a go.
17. Have 100 followers by the end of the year.
18. Improve my Goodreads publication year graph by having at least a dot in each box.
19. Spend more money on books. This will seem strange as most people want to cut down their book spending. I get most of my books from the library or charity shop so I want to start buying myself more new books.
20. Read at least 30 books in 2020. I’m currently on 53 books read in 2019 and I hope to get a few more books read before the end of the year. I don’t like to set a high reading target as I don’t want to be stressing about not meeting it. 30 is doable and lets me have a break from reading if I want to concentrate more on other hobbies or try new things.
Have you set any reading targets for 2020? What do you think of mine?